Background: Yes, and Amen Education Centre (Y A E C) is a registered community based Non-Governmental Organization (N G O), a non profit making entity of Educational nature, it was started to basically support orphans, vulnerable children and youth in their quest for Education.
This Institution has been in existence for the last 7 years, solely to enhance the status of education, health culture and good moral up bringing among the youth and the vulnerable children. 15 FEB 2007
Objectives of YAEC
- To promote Primary / Secondary Education Vocational and technical training and provision of materials and educational support to orphans, vulnerable children and youths and their families.
- To set up projects to enhance the cultural, Educational and social Economic development of children, the youth and their families.
- To Instill good moral values among the youths and children.
- To actively campaign against oppressive practices that affect the health proper development and dignity of children and youths such as abortion and Female Genital Circumcision as practiced in some parts of Uganda.
- To carry out intensive mobilization and educational campaigns on reproductive health and family life education, to ensure good moral uprightness and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases, early pregnancies, divorce, wife bashing and other related problems among the target groups.
- To support children from disadvantaged groups, those sexually abused in Secondary and vocational schools for promotion of the well being of children, youth and their families.
- To construction and operated Orphanage centers, Health centers, Primary/secondary and vocational schools for promotion of well being of children, youth and their families.
- To provide psycho-social support to vulnerable children affected by HIV/AIDS and insurgency in the region.
- To promote and support health programs, counseling, nutrition and childcare, AIDS awareness and provision of Health facilities for the well-being of children, youth and their families.
- To associate with any organization that subscribes to the above stated objectives.
- To solicit funds fir promoting organization’s activities/objectives as stated above.
Address and Contact Details:
Physical Address: The Institution is based in Mukono District Mpoma county Nama sub county Mpoma Parish Nsanvu village. This is 40km from Kampala, on Kampala Jinja Road. Postal Address: P. O. Box 24489, Kampala; Tel No. 0778389921 and Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org